Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thai Love

Every Sunday, my daddy will go over to his Pet mummy place to learn her secret Thai food recipe. Goodness. My Pet grandma is an absolute great cook and master in cooking Thai food. Well of course. It's her origin. Daddy is now learning her recipe whereas I am learning her Pet mother tongue. I just seem to get soOo lost when daddy and Pet grandmummy start babbling in Thai. I am sucha slow learner *tsk tsk*


Anyway I feel sOo blissed on Sundays cos when I open my eyes on a Sunday afternoon, I will get to feast yummylicious Thai food for brunch. Wooots. Envy me ppl!

Last week, lovely daddy learned my all time favorite THAI LAKSA. Mamamiah~

The must have dried chilly seeds.

U think one teaspoon is enuf?

Never... For me, chilly is like oxygen. nyahahaha...
Splendid.
I can't wait for this Sunday :D

Anyway since this post is already about food, let me share with y'all my favorite Thai snacks. Actually almost any Thai food is my favorite but this is just a random one of a kind that is rather rear.
My favorite Thai snack, MIANG. Yea.. If u eat it, u would turn horny. yadda yadda. haha.

These leaf-wrapped bundles of joy are the taste of central Thailand in one neat bite. Heat from fresh ginger and shallots, tartness from lime, saltiness from peanuts, and sweetness from toasted coconut and a jam-like sauce made from palm sugar, tamarind, fish sauce and obviously a must have spiciness from the CILI PADIS.
Feeling curious on how to eat it? Let me demo abit.
Firstly take one of the piper betel leaf.
Then pile it on with shallot, lime, ginger, roasted peanut halves & cili padis according to your own desired amount. No doubt mine is definitely filled with cili padis =D

Next come a few of toasted coconut..

and pour the jam-like sauce..

Now it's time to roll the parcel

and it's ready to be eaten!!! :)

Simple and nice.
I can eat up to 10 or more roll of these and yet to get bored of it. The best part is, it is a very healthy food and the piper betel leaf helps to reduce wind in your stomach. Suits me best ey!
Never seen this before and wanna try it out?
As I know, you may get it at the SS2 Pasar Malam or perhaps Thai restaurant. Go and try it then gimme your feedback.











0 comments: